Knight Foundation is a national foundation with deep local roots in 26 Knight communities across America. The foundation seeks a full-time associate to support our grantmaking and grants management for our Arts program. This is a cross-functional role, reporting to our Vice President/Arts who leads this portfolio.
You will also work closely with other colleagues across the foundation, and with grantees, community groups, government entities and for-profit companies to help build networks of people and support the exploration of opportunities.
This is an in-office position located in Miami.
- Conduct research (e.g., grants/grantee data and insights) and analysis (e.g., budget, financial, data) to provide significant content and administration support to the team
- Support the cultivation of grant ideas and assist with managing a portfolio of grants to support activities and drive impact
- Utilize the foundation’s systems and processes (e.g., Office 365, Salesforce, FLUXX) to drive the grant making workflow
- Support convenings and representation of the foundation to grantees
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Effective communications in-person, over the phone, via email and through social media
- Collaborative nature, especially when approaching work and planning
- Desire to drive greater community connectivity and attachment
- Ability to cultivate and leverage a diverse network of relationships and contacts
- An interest in how businesses work and how strategy is defined and implemented
- Comfort working with those who may speak another language
- Demonstrated interest in the arts and the integration of arts and technology
Knight Foundation supports democracy in America by fostering informed, engaged, and equitable communities. The foundation invests in journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of cities and towns where John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Local candidates only.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]