We seek a director of digital strategy and marketing who can use their sharp focus on emerging media channels to lead and execute smart campaigns that promote and amplify the social investments we make in pursuit of our mission.
By leading with creative inspiration and strong collaboration, you will work with our program teams to develop and execute innovative digital media strategies that get our work noticed. This role requires excellent project management skills, a strong sense of urgency and the desire and ability to measure impact.
Reporting to the VP/communications and digital strategy, you will work with our small and talented team of internal colleagues and external partners.
- Help lead and drive the creative vision of the organization.
- Develop the digital marketing strategies that drive awareness of the foundation’s program investments and research.
- Oversee and advise on the development of videos, infographics, podcasts, publications, reports and other assets that broaden the reach of foundation content.
- Create, oversee and drive a comprehensive media tracking strategy to measure outcomes.
- Provide strategic counsel to program staff to set and assess marketing goals and needs.
- Source, select and manage a team of vendor partners to drive the quality and pace of the work.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Eight or more years of experience in digital marketing
- Project management expertise
- Impecable writing and editing skills
- Data analysis, manipulation, visualization and media metrics expertise
- Strong judgement and need to be held accountable
- Belief in Knight Foundation’s mission
Knight Foundation represents social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers. We also invest heavily in measuring the outcomes of our work so that we are able to learn from it. Our mission is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status, and is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an in-office position located in Miami, FL.
Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
In the subject line include: KF – Director/Digital Strategy and Marketing
For more on Knight Foundation, visit KF.org