Reporting to the vice president/grants administration, we are seeking a compliance oriented professional to direct the grants administration lifecycle. You will oversee existing and develop new methods for ensuring data integrity and capture. Leading the seamless execution of the grant making lifecycle, you will ensure quality in due diligence; the grant approval processes; monitoring and recording grant changes; internal and external reporting, monthly payments distribution and reconciliation; tax filings and audits; and the foundation’s overall outcomes driven approach. You will also be instrumental in leveraging grants data to answer pertinent learning questions on behalf of the foundation.
- Direct a team of grant administration professionals charged with the effective, efficient and transparent administration of Knight Foundation grants.
- Lead payment processing, various financial and endowment reporting needs, and administration of complex grants.
- Build and maintain feedback mechanisms to ensure early detection of end user failures and work to ensure proper training and communications are in place.
- Partner with program staff, IT, finance, Fluxx (the grant making system) and other key stakeholders on grant processes to ensure quality, timeliness, consistency and compliance with all aspects of grant processing and management.
- Support a portfolio of operationally focused projects that require advanced skills and drive outcomes.
- Improve services, systems policies and management tools to advance the foundation’s grant making.
- Develop and manage the department budget.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Agile and growth-focused mindset and management style
- Rapport and relationship building up, down and across the foundation
- Strong technical, analytical and project management skills
- Skills in data analysis and manipulation
- Understanding of computer programming and database systems (i.e., Ruby/Ruby on Rails, SQL or Python)
- Urgency, curiosity and a strong desire to learn and continuously improve things
- Comfort and skill in navigating complexity and ambiguity
- Customer service orientation
- Experience with Fluxx, or another grants management database, is a plus.
Knight Foundation represents social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers. We also invest heavily in measuring the outcomes of our work so that we can learn from it. Our mission is to foster informed and engaged communities, which we believe are essential for a healthy democracy.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status, and is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an in-office position located in Miami, FL.
Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
In the subject line include: KF – Director/Grants Administration
For more on Knight Foundation, visit kf.org