Knight Foundation is looking for an experienced corporate event planner to join its strategic, proactive, and hands-on events team. In close collaboration with, and reporting to the manager of administrative services, you will be orchestrating internal and external events from conception through completion. Events range from small gatherings and board meetings, to annual conferences with several hundred invitees. This exciting work involves partnering with cross-functional groups of internal colleagues and an extensive network of vendors and partners.
Periodic travel, as well as work on evenings and weekends, is expected in this role.
• Gather input, requirements, purpose, and goals to craft recommendations and plans for events.
• Proactively lead event planning and execution activities.
• Facilitate the scope and outcome objectives of gatherings/events.
• Plan event details including décor, menu, transportation, audio visual and more.
• Conduct research and negotiate vendor contracts.
• Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs.
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
• Manage on-site event details and troubleshoot emergent problems.
• Leverage foundation systems including Salesforce, Eventbrite and more to manage event details.
• Communicate regularly with event stakeholders to keep everyone on track and on task.
• Reconcile invoices, process payments, and provide input to department budgeting.
• Measure and report on event outcomes.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
• Enthusiasm, energy, and a propensity towards action.
• Comfort working through formal and informal channels to get things done.
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
• Familiarity with and appreciation for the power of social media.
• Ability to quickly solution problems in real time.
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate stakeholder groups.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• A “no job is too big or too small” attitude.
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: [email protected].
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org.
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.