Knight Foundation is seeking a a seasoned, resourceful executive assistant.
Are you a solutions-oriented problem solver who thrives in a high-performing, fast-paced environment? Do you excel at anticipating, planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking a busy executive’s priorities? Do you easily manage multiple deadlines? If so, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a lovely working environment. We work in-person because we believe the best ideas and work happens when we are together. Our office is in Coconut Grove.
- Support complex projects with research and information management while adhering to demanding time frames.
- Coordinate and organize online archives, files, meeting minutes, agendas, databases and productivity tools with internal and external partners.
- Support department grantmaking process flows and deadlines.
- Maintain the department’s budget and update monthly projections.
- Update, monitor and maintain key contacts.
- Process vendor contracts, payments and expense reimbursements.
- Manage the vice president’s calendar, travel and expenses.
- Partner with the events team to plan, organize and execute foundation events.
- Play a role on the broader foundation support staff team on rotating shared duties.
- Master extensive knowledge of foundation and department operations, policies and procedures.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-performing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven clear-thinker who is well-organized.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, self-starter who is able to accomplish a lot in a short period of time.
- Collaborative worker who enjoys teamwork.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An appreciation for the importance of maintaining confidential information.
- An ability to travel a few times a year.
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit kf.org