Application deadline: February 18, 2022
Do you have sound judgment, excellent writing and strong social media skills? Do you have experience executing outreach strategies? Are you a visual storyteller? If so, Knight Foundation may have a spot for you on our Communications team.
At Knight, we are committed to editorial excellence and innovative digital practices. As the foundation’s multimedia storyteller, you will report to the Director of Digital Strategy and Design on the communications team and will help shape the public voice of one of the country’s premiere champions of democracy.
This position is based in the Coconut Grove office in Miami.
- Develop and lead the execution and multimedia assets for strategic digital communications campaigns
- Create and post social media content, including videos, blogs, news releases and more
- Engage and develop Knight’s audience and reach new audiences including grantees
- Gather information on Knight-related events in various cities, highlighting ties to strategy
- Compile, analyze metrics and produce reports to inform strategy
- Work across the organization to educate and engage staff in effective use of social media
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Demonstrated experience in communications, multimedia journalism or integrated marketing communications
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Ability to manage projects to deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Background in web production, design, video, photography or fine arts; proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfort with data analysis and visualization
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with team members
- Belief in Knight Foundation’s mission
Knight Foundation supports democracy in America by fostering informed, engaged, and equitable communities. The foundation invests in journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of cities and towns where John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates only.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org