Application deadline: February 18, 2022
Are you interested in media, technology and the future of our democracy?
Knight Foundation is seeking a curious, entrepreneurial thought partner, a detail-oriented project leader and a savvy, collaborative relationship manager to support investments at universities, think tanks and independent research organizations across the country.
Knight invests in independent research and policy insight to improve the quality of information online and foster informed engagement in the democratic process. Our investments support research that brings together social and data science, network analysis, computer science and engineering, humanities and the law to understand and proactively inform responses to the growing role of digital media in our society. We make these investments to ensure that policymakers and key stakeholders in industry and civil society are informed by independent, nonpartisan research, and that new legal and policy frameworks protect the public interest and advance fundamental democratic values on topics such as: content moderation and free expression online, intermediary liability, platform data access for researchers, and the scale and appropriate roles of private technology firms in our society.
This position reports to the Senior Director/Media and Democracy and is based in our Coconut Grove office in Miami.
- Manage and serve as a primary point of contact for a portfolio of existing grants and relationships with key researchers and policy experts.
- Identify, analyze and develop well-written grant recommendations for new opportunities for investment or partnership.
- Work with Senior Director to develop and implement a strategy for promoting greater connectivity and exchange among grantees and research/policy partners.
- Support and collaborate with grantees and Knight Events team in the planning and successful execution of a major annual conference and smaller convenings each year.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Informed, non-partisan perspective on issues relating to media, technology, policy and democracy.
- Enthusiasm for research, researchers and research institutions.
- Soft skills to quickly develop and grow credibility and rapport with colleagues, grantees and partners at all levels.
- Resourceful and enterprising in seeking and recognizing opportunities, and savvy in advancing them.
- Well-developed ability to synthesize a range of inputs into strong written outputs.
- Exceptional discernment, discretion and ethics.
- Commitment to Knight Foundation’s mission.
Knight Foundation supports democracy in America by fostering informed, engaged, and equitable communities. The foundation invests in journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of cities and towns where John S. and James L. Knight once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates only.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status and is an equal opportunity employer.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org