San Jose, California
Application deadline: September 16, 2022
Knight Foundation is a national foundation with deep local roots in 26 Knight communities across America, including San Jose. The foundation seeks a full-time associate based in San Jose to support our grantmaking and grants management for our local San Jose program and national Smart Cities program. This is a cross-functional role, reporting to our director/San Jose and our director/national strategy + technology innovation who lead these respective portfolios.
You will also work closely with other colleagues across the foundation, and with grantees, community groups, governments and for-profit companies to help build networks of people and support exploring opportunities.
- Assist with managing a portfolio of grants to support activities and drive impact;
- Perform due diligence on proposals and support the development of grant ideas;
- Use the foundation’s systems and processes (Salesforce, FLUXX, Office 365, Google Docs, Box) to facilitate the workflow;
- Support community convenings and represent the foundation to grantees; and
- Represent the foundation to grantees and community partners.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Effective communications in person, over the phone, via email and through social media;
- Collaborative nature, especially when approaching work and planning;
- Desire to drive greater community connectivity and attachment;
- Ability to support the cultivation and leverage of a diverse network of relationships and contacts;
- An interest in how businesses work and how strategy is defined and implemented;
- Comfort working with those who may speak another language; and
- Interest in technology and the technology industry.
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors COVID-19 vaccination status and is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an in-office position located in San Jose, California. Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org