Knight Foundation seeks a skilled project manager capable of leading project planning activities and driving projects to successful outcomes. If you have experience scoping new work, breaking down objectives into appropriate actions, sequencing activities, developing and managing project budgets and tracking and reporting on project status, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the VP/Administration, you will manage ongoing and new projects and act as a resource on project deliverables. Your days will be busy executing on project tasks and ensuring project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another in service to the project outcome goals.
- Coordinate internal and third-party resources to flawlessly execute on multiple existing and new projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope and outcome objectives
- Define resources needed to complete projects
- Develop detailed project schedules to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure and report on project performance
- Manage and mitigate risk
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Three to five years of experience managing processes and/or projects
- Able to build rapport with and secure the collaboration of people across all levels and functions
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership; follows through on commitments and requires the same from others
- Able to decide and act without having the full picture
- Uses knowledge of interpersonal and group dynamics to anticipate and mitigate conflict
- Pursues everything with urgency, energy and the need to finish
- Effectively aligns the interests of multiple diverse stakeholders
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Knight Foundation offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package, collects and monitors vaccination status and is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an in-office position located in Miami.
Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit www.kf.org