Knight Foundation is seeking a seasoned, resourceful administrative assistant.
Are you a solutions-oriented problem solver who thrives in a high-performing, fast-paced environment? Do you excel at anticipating, planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking priorities? Do you easily manage multiple deadlines? If so, we want to hear from you.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a lovely working environment. We work in-person because we believe the best ideas and work happens when we are together. Our office is in Coconut Grove.
- Effectively and efficiently manage administrative activities while maintaining complex schedules.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for various directors across the department.
- Make travel arrangements and other reservations for directors.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the department’s budget and update monthly projections as directed.
- Update, monitor and maintain key contacts.
- Process vendor contracts, payments and expense reimbursements.
- Partner with the events team to plan, organize and execute foundation events.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the foundation, applying knowledge of foundation and department operations, policies, and procedures.
Things we look for in a successful candidate:
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-performing, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven clear-thinker who is well-organized.
- Detail-oriented, efficient, self-starter who assures a steady completion of workload in a timely manner and asks for help when needed.
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An appreciation for the importance of maintaining confidential information and adherence to foundation information governance and records retention policies.
We are social investors who support a more effective democracy by funding free expression and journalism, arts and culture in community, research in areas of media and democracy, and in the success of American cities and towns where the Knight brothers once published newspapers.
Our approach is inclusive and non-partisan; we value freedoms of speech and the press, and we often embrace new and innovative technology to achieve our goals. The qualities we look for are openness to new ideas; courage to push for change; and the expertise and tenacity to achieve the desired results. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Local candidates only.
Send your resume to: [email protected]
For more on Knight Foundation, visit kf.org