EPISODE 22: HOW NFTS ARE CREATING MORE EQUITY FOR ARTISTS
With the continued rise and popularity of crypto-currency, artists are beginning to see the benefits of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on their artwork. On Episode 22 of DISCOVERY, Knight’s Koven Smith joins Amy Whitaker, writer, artist, researcher and assistant professor at NYU in visual arts administration to discuss how financially viable NFTs can be for artists and how they are adding to the value of artists’ work.
- Check out Amy’s thoughts on the environmental concerns of NFTs : time.com/5947720/nft-art/
- Read the peer-reviewed journal article that Amy co-authored on the art world’s proposition for blockchain equity ownership: hyperallergic.com/626274/nft-crypto-art-artist-autonomy/
- Learn more about the environmental concerns of NFTs in Amy’s discussion with Gizmodo: earther.gizmodo.com/how-to-fix-crypto-art-nfts-carbon-pollution-problem-1846440312
- View Amy’s TEDxTalk explaining how creators can use blockchain technology to more fully reap the benefits of their labor: youtube.com/watch?v=2FqVY6WR8nM
- Gain more insight on fractional equity with Amy’s academic paper: pubsonline.informs.org/doi/abs/10.1287/mnsc.2020.3633
- Mark your calendars for Sept. 2021! Keep an eye out for Amy’s newest book “Economics of Visual Arts”: cambridge.org/core/books/economics-of-visual-art/4A40E50E8B3B011F6CB07B2D355583DA