Photo: Wichita Community Foundation used the Knight Donor Advised Fund to provide swimwear for underprivileged youth taking swim lessons at area public pools.
Since 2001, Knight Foundation has made grants to community foundations serving 25 of our communities. These grants are supplements to existing donor-advised funds or challenge grants to help build community foundation endowments. By the end of the $50 million initiative, Knight will have $5 million donor-advised funds in our urban centers, $2.5 million in midsized communities and $1 million in smaller cities and towns.
- California Community Foundation (serving Long Beach), Los Angeles, Calif., $1.8 million.
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, West Palm Beach, Fla., $1.8 million.
- Community Foundation of Central Georgia (Macon fund), Macon, Ga., $2 million.
- Community Foundation of Central Georgia (Milledgeville fund), Milledgeville, Ga., $750,000.
- Community Foundation of Silicon Valley, San Jose, Calif., $3.7 million.
- Dade Community Foundation, Miami, Fla., $3.7 million.
- Fort Wayne Community Foundation, Fort Wayne, Ind., $1.7 million.
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Biloxi, Miss., $1 million.
- The Philadelphia Foundation, Philadelphia, Pa., $3.4 million.
- The Saint Paul Foundation, St. Paul, Minn., $1.8 million.
- Akron Community Foundation, Akron, Ohio, $3.4 million.
- The Community Foundation Serving Boulder County, Boulder, Colo., $610,000.
- Central Carolina Community Foundation, Columbia, S.C., $1.9 million.
- Chattahoochee Valley Community Foundation, Phenix City, Ala., $2.5 million to serve Columbus, Ga.
- Duluth-Superior Area Community Foundation, Duluth, Minn., $640,000.
- Foundation for the Carolinas, Charlotte, N.C., $3.75 million.
- Legacy Foundation, Merrillville, Ind., $2.5 million to serve Gary, Ind.
- Blue Grass Community Foundation, Lexington, Ky., $2.5 million
- Community Foundation of Sarasota, Sarasota, Fla., $650,000 to serve Bradenton and Manatee County.
- Community Foundation for Southeastern Michigan, Detroit, Mich., $3.7 million.
- Wichita Community Foundation, Wichita, Kan., $1.9 million.
- The Community Foundation of North Florida, Tallahassee, Fla., $350,000.
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Biloxi, Miss., $350,000.
- Waccamaw Community Foundation, Myrtle Beach, S.C., $300,000.