By Serlin Quah, ZERO1
ZERO1 is excited to announce the line up for our summer-long BRING IT! Performance Art Series, supported by the Knight Foundation. We’ll be featuring six innovative performances by artists who are pushing the boundaries of digital culture. Performances take place at the ZERO1 Garage located at 439 S. 1st Street, San Jose.
Miwa Matreyek, This World Made Itself (2013). Image courtesy of artist.
BRING IT! Performance Art Series Schedule
- June 25th, 8:00-9:00pmMiwa Matreyek, This World Made Itself & Myth and Infrastructure. A multimedia live performance combining projected animation and the artist’s own shadow silhouette as she interacts with the fantastical world of the videos. Buy your tickets now.
- July 23rd, 7:30pmJohn Slepian,Transcendence. Aided by a hacked toy brainwave sensor and electronics, the artist performs levitation through the power of his mind.
- August 1st, 7:00pm-10:00pm ATOM-r (Anatomical Theatres of Mixed Reality), The Operature. A live performance and augmented reality poem engaging themes of forensics, anatomy, and spectacle.
- August 6th, 7:30pmCara Rose DeFabio, DARKNET beta. Examining security and anonymity in the digital age through interactive cell phone theater.
- August 20th, 7:30pmDavid Szlasa, Life as Leo: Titanic. Combining live performance with real-time post-production, the artist recasts himself in Leonardo DiCaprio’s role as Jack in Titanic, opposite Kate Winslet as Rose
- September 5th, 7:00pm-10:00pmEric Parren, Gut Feeling. Investigate the boundaries of micro-cinematography and live cinema in this immersive audiovisual experience that uses imagery from an advanced optical microscope.
Arts / Article