Many organizations are seeking information on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act and how to apply for relevant relief programs. Please consult the following for more information.
- Independent Sector has built a navigator to help nonprofits applying for these relief funds. They hosted a Policy Town Hall webinar on April 16 to hear the latest developments from Capitol Hill and how organizations can get involved.
- The Council on Foundations has a resource guide with important information for nonprofits, including details of a new above-the-line charitable deduction and increased percentage limitations for charitable contributions by individuals and corporations. COF is hosting a series of webinars on the different aspects of the pandemic and how they affect HR and legal issues.
- The National Council of Nonprofits has recorded a webinar with detailed information on all of the loan and grant offerings.
- For nonprofit newsrooms, the Institute for Nonprofit News has resources on the parts of the CARES Act that apply to charitable nonprofits, as well as providing roundtable discussions just for INN members.
- For arts organizations, Americans for the Arts outlines not only the loan and grant programs, but how much money has been appropriated for a variety of arts institutions and how aid is expanded for artists, freelancers and gig economy workers. AFTA has transitioned its upcoming National Arts Action Summit into an online event, which will take place April 27 to May 1.
- The National Endowment for the Arts is providing CARES Act funding to support arts jobs and help sustain arts organizations.
See below for recordings of Knight-supported webinars on the CARES Act. We will continue to post reliable information here as the situation develops. For health information on COVID-19, please consult the Center for Disease Control or your state health department website.
Webinar: CARES Act and federal relief programs in response to COVID-19
This webinar features Suzanne Friday, the Council on Foundation’s executive director of national standards and vice president of legal, and Charles Bowman, market president at Bank of America. Click here to download Suzanne’s presentation slides, and click here to download the supporting document she mentions.
Webinar: Paycheck Protection Program with FMA
To answer questions on relief programs related to the CARES Act and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Knight engaged consulting firm FMA to host an interactive webinar on the subject.